Cambrils is a small coastal town in the province of Tarragona, in northeastern Spain. It is known for its beaches with crystal clear waters, its fishing port and its excellent Mediterranean gastronomy.
In addition, it is only a few kilometers from Camping Resort Sangulí Salou, one of the best tourist destinations on the Costa Dorada. The proximity to Cambrils allows visitors to enjoy a wide variety of activities and experiences during their stay in the area.
THE BEST TOURIST ACTIVITIES IN CAMBRILS
Cambrils is an ideal tourist destination to enjoy with the family, with a wide range of activities for all ages. If you are looking for a few fun and relaxing days on the Mediterranean coast, this city offers you several options to do just that.
You should not miss a visit to the Cambrils marina, where you can rent a boat and take a trip along the coast. If you're a fan of cycling, you're also lucky: you can take a bike ride along the Carrilet route, a greenway (cycle path) that runs along the coast and is ideal for families.
One of the most popular activities for the whole family is a visit to the PortAventura theme park, located a few kilometers from Cambrils. There you can enjoy exciting rides, live shows and a wide variety of dining options.
For those looking for more cultural activities, Cambrils has several interesting options. One of them is the Museum of the History of Cambrils, where you can learn more about the evolution of this city over time. You can also visit the Torre del Puerto, a 17th century defensive structure that offers impressive views of the coast.
CAMBRILS BEACHES: DESCRIPTION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Cambrils has a total of nine beaches along its coastline of more than 9 kilometers. The beaches of Cambrils are characterized by their crystal clear waters, their fine golden sand and the provision of services and activities for the whole family.
One of the most outstanding beaches in Cambrils is Playa de la Llosa, with a length of 1,150 meters, ideal for practicing water sports. Another popular beach is Playa de Horta de Santa María, which offers a wide range of services and a large play area for children.
Playa del Regueral is known for its lively atmosphere and its promenade full of restaurants and bars. La Playa de Vilafortuny is one of the quietest and is surrounded by a protected natural environment.
It is recommended to wear suitable shoes for walking on the sand, sunscreen and a parasol to protect yourself from the sun. Always remember to respect the cleaning rules and not to leave any rubbish on the beach in order to preserve the natural environment and protect the marine ecosystem of our coast.
WATER ACTIVITIES IN CAMBRILS
Cambrils is an ideal destination for lovers of water activities. The town has a wide range of options for enjoying the sea and water, from more relaxed sports such as paddle surfing and kayaking to more exciting options such as water skiing and fly boarding.
Among the most popular activities are windsurfing and kitesurfing, thanks to the optimal wind and wave conditions on some beaches. You can also practice sports such as diving and snorkeling to discover the area's impressive marine fauna.
In addition, Cambrils has a marina that offers a large number of opportunities for water sports enthusiasts, such as boat rental and sport fishing.
WALKING AND CYCLING ROUTES
Cambrils has several walking and cycling routes for those who want to enjoy their holidays in the open air and in contact with nature and fresh air.
For hiking enthusiasts, we recommend consulting specialized portals such as Wikiloc, where you can consult the existing routes in detail.
In terms of cycling, Cambrils has an extensive network of cycle paths connecting the city to other nearby cities such as Salou and Reus. A popular route is the Vía Verde del Baix Ebre, which follows an old railway line and takes you through rural and coastal landscapes.
VISIT THE OLD TOWN OF CAMBRILS
If you enjoy visiting the old town of Cambrils, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the history of the city and discover its cultural heritage. Some options for places to visit could be:
- La Torre del Puerto: a 16th-century fortress that was used to protect the harbor from attacks by pirates and buccaneers.
- La Iglesia de Santa María: an 18th-century temple with baroque and neoclassical elements.
- Molino de las Tres Eres: a restored corn mill from the 18th century.
- El Mercado Municipal: A market with fresh and local products where you can buy typical local products.
- Moreover, walking through the streets of the old town is a unique experience in itself, as it allows you to appreciate the architecture and atmosphere of the city.
HOW TO ENJOY THESE ACTIVITIES WHEN YOU STAY IN SANGULÍ SALOU?
Staying in Sangulí Salou gives you easy access to all the activities in and around Cambrils.
You can rent bikes at the camping resort itself and take a cycle route to Cambrils or even follow the Vía Verde. Sangulí Salou has a city bus stop a few meters from the campsite. You can also book diving or snorkeling excursions at the resort's front desk.
In addition, the campsite has a wide range of services and activities to further expand the tourist experience in Cambrils. The complex has several swimming pools and offers programmed activities, workshops for children and adults, night shows, sports and outdoor games, restaurants and bars, shops and supermarkets, laundry, medical service and 24-hour security.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
THE BEST BEACHES IN CAMBRILS TO GO TO WITH CHILDREN
- Playa de l'Esquirol: is a quiet beach, with fine golden sand, with shallow and calm waters, ideal for small children. In addition, it has a nearby playground.
- Vilafortuny Beach: This beach is ideal for families looking for a quieter and less crowded beach, it has fine sand and shallow waters.
- Playa del Regueral: it is a wide and busy beach, ideal for older children looking for fun and activities. It has lifeguards, showers, disabled access and various water activities.
In any case, it is important to always pay close attention to the instructions of the lifeguards and the flags on the beach to ensure the safety of everyone.
WHICH WALKING AND CYCLING ROUTES ARE RECOMMENDED FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY?
- Ruta del Camino de Ronda: an 8 km route on an unpaved road that runs along the coast, with impressive panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Vía Verde del Baix Ebre: a 23 km route that follows the old railway line that connected Tortosa and Alcañiz, through the Ebro Delta and rural landscapes.
- Ruta del Montsant: an 8 km route in the Sierra del Montsant Natural Park, with impressive mountain scenery and panoramic views of the Siurana River valley.
WHAT IS THE CLIMATE IN CAMBRILS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS?
The climate in Cambrils during the summer months is warm and Mediterranean. The average temperature is between 20 and 32 degrees, with July and August being the hottest months.
The presence of a sea breeze is also common, which makes the thermal sensation more pleasant. Rainfall is scarce at this time of year, so you can enjoy long days of sun and beach.